Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Congratulations, President Elect Obama!

Well, I lost a bet. I promised a friend that if McCain lost the 2008 election, I'd start a blog... a blog intended to carry the torch for small government, low taxes, free markets, a strong defense, etc. Well here it is!

Before I get this train rolling, let me say congratulations to my brother from the lake! Barack Obama! You're the 44th President of the United States of America! What an accomplishment. This is indeed a historic day!

Okay. That's it. My first post. More later!

3 comments:

ManBehindtheMask said...

I will be visiting this daily to understand your perspective as it is different and interesting. As I respect you and your view, I challenge it as I believe this view is made with "blinders" (without consideration of all variables in the equation).

right said fred said...

Lawrence, the magnitude of his victory was truly impressive. Last I saw, he doubled up McCain in electoral votes. When you view this fact against a 52/48 split for the popular vote, it's all the more impressive - the votes he got were the votes he needed. i.e. no room for Al Gore 2000 arguments this time!

Dic Tailgate said...

Always true to his word, bravo Fred.